By purchasing and enrolling in this program, I acknowledge that I understand the following information. I agree to hold harmless Denaye Barahona and Simple Families LLC from all liabilities and claims which may arise as a result of my participation in The Mental Unload program and the group parent coaching that it includes.
1. Parent coaching is not currently a regulated industry in the state of New York. It will be solely the responsibility of the client to determine the effectiveness of the services rendered in The Mental Unload and the competency of the instructor.
2. The Mental Unload and group parent coaching are not psychotherapy or counseling. Parent coaching does not address or diagnose mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association. This program and group coaching sessions are not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, mental health care or substance abuse treatment. Psychotherapy is a healthcare service and its primary focus is to identify, diagnose and treat nervous and mental disorders. This program is designed to provide parents, guardians, grandparents or other caregivers (e.g. “the client”) of children time-limited individualized sessions that focus on prioritizing needs, providing advice, planning and problem solving, personal skill building and offering resources and support. Parent coaches are not acting as advocates, mediators, therapists, or crisis responders.
3. This program and parent coaching has both benefits and risks. Risks may include experiencing uncomfortable feelings, such as sadness, guilt, anxiety, anger, frustration, and helplessness. You have sought out a coach to transform your way of thinking, build parenting skills, to accomplish specific goals and to close the gap between where you are and where you would like to be.
4. This program and the involved group parent coaching assumes the mental health and sound decision making of the client. Coaching is a collaborative process that is present and future oriented. It is action oriented, solution focused and encourages change. It involves accountability and commitment to growth through increased competence, commitment, and confidence.
5. As the client, you set your agenda and your success will largely depend upon your willingness to define goals and try new approaches. You can expect me, as your instructor/parent coach, to be honest and direct, asking straightforward questions and offering challenging techniques to help you keep moving forward.
6. All information discussed between coach and client will remain confidential unless something is potentially illegal, unethical or a threat to any individual. As a Clinical Social Worker, Denaye Barahona is a mandated reporter and will report suspected abuse of any type. The client understands there is no legally privileged communication in the coaching relationship.
This program is not a replacement for mental health therapy. If you suffer from depression, anxiety, or other mental health challenges please consult your physician or mental health professional before proceeding. If you are currently or in the future at risk of hurting yourself or someone else, please seek immediate medical attention. If you have further questions about whether this program is a fit for you, email me directly firstname.lastname@example.org.
WANT THE FREE MINI-COURSE?
Get exclusive email updates + receive the Simple Happy Parenting mini-course.